How To Get Your Facebook Fan Pages Ranking In The Search Engines (and other ways to get more ‘Likes’)
Hello everyone! We just wanted to share a few tips with you about how to search engine optimise your Facebook Fan Pages…1. Every Fan Page you create should have a tightly focused theme. If you’re involved in several businesses, you should create a Fan Page for each and not promote one page on another. Keep them totally separate.
2. Go to the Google Keyword Tool and enter your main theme keyword and look for additional keywords you can use that have a lot of searches each month. Compare the Global Searches Per Month number from the Google Keyword Tool with the number returned by Google and look for keywords for a high number of monthly searches and a low number of competing websites. This will make it easy for you to rank for that particular keyword.
3. Once you have determined your main business keyword and additional keywords you would like to target, use the main theme keyword in your Fan Page Title and in your Profile.
4. Talk about your Facebook Page on other social networking sites, such as Twitter, MySpace, Bebo, Friendster, Foursquare and of course Linkedin! Write some quality content about your business to publish on sites, such as HubPages, Squidoo, tumblr, Scribd, and ezinearticles. Always link back to your Facebook Fan Page from your articles.
7. In the profiles you create for the different social networking sites, send a link back to your Facebook Fan Page URL and where possible, connect your Facebook Fan Page so your updates post to these other sites.
8. Visit blogs and forums that are relevant to your business, post a useful, helpful comment, and a link back to your Facebook Fan Page.
These are just a selection, but a good thing to get started with to help generate more fans and to get your page going viral!
If you don’t have a Fan Page for your business yet, or you’d like one that looks a bit cooler than the generic one, I have a free fan page generator that you can set up a nice looking page with in 10 minutes. There’s also a free report on how to make killer fan pages for your business.
The generator is invites only, but I’d like to give everyone in the group the opportunity to have a play with it and to read the report! Just let us know your name or your business name (leave a comment or send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll create a personal url for you, from which you can create your free page and download your report.
The generator is invites only, but I’d like to give everyone in the group the opportunity to have a play with it and to get the report! Just let me know your name or your business name here (or inbox me) and I’ll set up your personal url from which you can create your free page and download your report.